Scrub Nurse / ODP – London – £37k – Job Ref: DS4120
We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Scrub Nurse/ODP to join their friendly & professional team of theatre staff at their bespoke cosmetic surgery hospital in London.
- Application of aseptic technique (work carried out under sterile conditions), wound management and infection control.
- Wear a sterile gown, mask and gloves, and prepare all the necessary instruments and equipment for the procedure. This may involve complex machinery including microscopes, lasers and endoscopes.
- Work alongside the surgeon, providing instruments, needles, swabs and other materials as required, and be able to anticipate their requirements.
- Have a role in the promotion of health and safety and be responsible for ensuring that surgical instruments, equipment and swabs are all accounted for throughout the surgical procedure.
- Sometimes undertake the ‘circulating practitioner’ role, using communication and management skills, preparing the environment and equipment needed for the particular operating theatre list, assisting the scrub nurse and acting as the link between the surgical team and other parts of the theatre and hospital.
The full-time hours for this position will be 4, 10 hour shifts per week, (with weekend working requirements).
The successful candidate will be a qualified and experienced Scrub Nurse or ODP with excellent communication skills.
For more information on this position and to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris O’Brien on: (0115) 9222601 / (07792) 571166.