Anaesthetic & Recovery (Nurse / ODP) – London – £37k – Job Ref: DS4119
We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic & Recovery Nurse/ODP to join their friendly & professional team of theatre staff at their London Hospital.
- Responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures.
- Responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- Prepare Anaesthetic Room according to the individual needs of the patient and Anaesthetist i.e. drug preparation/administration, IV cannulation, IV fluids and preparation and insertion of invasive monitoring as required.
- Provides clinical supervision on a day to day basis to junior nursing staff acting as a mentor or assessor.
- Ensure that anaesthetic equipment is checked on a regular basis as per protocols and is fit and available for use, to include: Anaesthetic machines, Fibrotic Laryngoscope and Difficult Airway Trolley, Crash trolley.
- Perform advance practice in venepuncture, insertion of arterial and PICC lines.
- Assist the Anaesthetist during pre- and intra-operative period initiating care and clinical interventions according to patient’s condition and in accordance with local policies and Patient Group Directions.
- The recovery room nurse is the primary patient advocate following surgery. This nurse monitors patients when they are still under the effects of anaesthesia in the post-anaesthesia care unit (PACU). Recovery room nurses / ODP’s must be registered nurses / ODPs who have been extensively trained in critical care.
- Initial Care
- Patient Monitoring
- Pain Intervention
The full-time hours for this position will be 4, 10 hour shifts per week, (with weekend working requirements).
The successful candidate will be a qualified and experienced Anaesthetic Nurse or ODP with excellent communication skills.