Theatre Lead – Anaesthetics (Nurse / ODP) – Manchester – £38k+ – Job Ref: DS4187
We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most reputable cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an Operating Theatre Lead/ODP to join their friendly & professional team of theatre staff at their Manchester Hospital.
- To take charge of the Theatre Unit in the Theatre Managers absence.
- To actively participate in the running of the Theatre Unit to ensure the provision of evidence-based care and cost effective use of resources.
- To promote and maintain a high standard of clinical care by continued professional education and practical participation.
- To participate in the theatre roster and daily allocation.
- To promote and support the development of all staff within the Theatre Unit.
- To participate in the formulation and review of Transform work practices and policies and the implementation of new work practices and policies.
- To participate in the monitoring of standards through audits.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- To act at all times within the scope of professional practice and Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct.
- To promote the development of junior staff through the provision of learning opportunities and theatre based competencies.
- To assist the Theatre Manager in ensuring that staff deliver clinical excellence through identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating departmental training.
- To assist with the formulation and review of company work practices, policies and procedures, to ensure that they are evidence based and reflect current standards of best practice.
- To ensure that company work practices, policies and procedures are available to all staff and are adhered to.
- To maintain updated knowledge on theatre practice and wider professional practice and use this knowledge to assist in the development of others and the Theatre Unit.
- To participate in staff allocation of duties to ensure an appropriate staff skill mix.
- To participate in the monitoring of practice through audits and assist in the formulation and implementation of action plans resulting from the audits.
- To assist in the day to day management of the Theatre Unit, ensuring that operating lists run smoothly, efficiently and safety and manage operating list changes in accordance with companuy work practice.
- To maintain safe systems of practice within the Theatre Unit, including all health and safety compliance and other legislative and statutory compliance.
- To ensure that all equipment and surgical instruments are maintained in accordance with manufacturer instructions and taken out of service when faulty.
- To provide appropriate and accurate reporting systems in line with company policy and on a timely basis.
- To take charge of the Theatre Unit as required.
- To ensure effective and efficient use of resources within budgetary constraints.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels, ensuring that stock rotation is carried out and that overstocking is prevented.
- To ensure that regular team meetings take place and an effective communication structure is functional.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with other departments.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Manager, be pro-active in matters of patient complaint.
- To ensure that all clinical records are maintained as required by legislation.
- To deal effectively and fairly with any disciplinary or grievance issue in line with company policy.
- To annually appraise the theatre staff and through this identify any development needs in line with company objectives.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of theatre staff.
- To undertake other duties as may be directed by the Theatre Manager or Hospital Management team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified and experienced Theatre Nurse or ODP with excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills.